Position: Executive Director
Pay Range: $55,000 - $65,000
Applications accepted through Friday March 18, 2022
Consumers Council of Missouri (CCM) is seeking an Executive Director, responsible for providing leadership and building the capacity of the organization to work collaboratively to create a more inclusive, equitable, healthy community through advocacy, coalition building, and community education. Working with a small team, candidate will lead a statewide membership organization, build membership; lead development activities; and communicate the mission of the organization to diverse constituencies, including donors, other organizations and coalitions and consumers. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: With direction from the board, work to fulfill the organization’s mission to advocate for and represent the best interests of consumers per our mission.
- Responsible for leading activities of Consumers Council of Missouri in a manner that supports the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions including agendas, financial reports, and activity reports.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Ensures the financial health of the organization by developing an annual plan for membership and fundraising.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support Consumers Council of Missouri’s mission.
- Responsible for the financial integrity of Consumers Council of Missouri; submitting to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management, operating within the approved budget and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, public outreach, and advocacy.
- Coordinates all board activities including an annual meeting and regular board meetings.
- Work closely with organization staff including utility consumer counsel, and advocacyDirector.
- Develops relationships with likeminded organizations to increase advocacy capacity.
- Maintain organizational website, email and social media.
- Responsible for media relations including press releases, Letters to the Editor,developing messages and materials appropriate to support our positions to donors, supporters, legislators and decision makers.
Professional Qualifications Required
- A bachelor’s degree in related field
- Ability and experience working independently with a team, to achieving high level organizational goals.
- Senior nonprofit management experience.
- Communication skills, including written, oral and knowledgeable in social media.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Active fundraising experience, with a history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
To apply please send resume or CV to:
Consumers Council of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer.